The last day to turn in late work as indicated on Q3 progress reports is March 6, 2019.
With the adjustments for missed days due to inclement weather, please note the following:
- January 21 is still a federal holiday and schools will be closed.
- January 22 is now a school day, not a teacher workday.
- Q2 officially ends on January 25.
For students who were unable to attend the Spanish Honor Society's Día de los Muertos celebration on Friday, please download the following document. Research the questions and either
(1) fill out the answers in the file and email it to your teacher, or
(2) print out the questions and write in the answers to turn in to your teacher.
If you attended the party and filled out the form there, do not fill out this one.
Ms. Sudderth's deadline for turning in this form is Friday, November 9. Check with your Spanish teacher for their deadline.
Ms. Sudderth plans to issue progress reports to students on Thursday and Friday, September 27-28. Parents, please do one of the following:
(1) Sign the paper progress report and send it back with your student.
(2) You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know that you have seen your student's progress report.
Due to the unexpected deterioration of the weather Monday morning, students who are late to school will be recorded with an excused tardy.
Students who are unable to safely get to school will be recorded with an excused absence. However, the teacher accounts in Powerschool only allow teachers to record excused tardy, unexcused tardy, and unexcused absence. The administration team will go back and correct today's unexcused absences to excused.
UPDATE - Nothing has been communicated about whether today's absences would affect your exam exemption status. The policy at this time allows for two absences and a B/three absences and an A. The policy as stated in the student handbook is as follows: ANY absences (excused or unexcused; lawful or unlawful) count toward the limit for exam exemption except school sponsored field trips, school approved activities, religious holidays, and district approved medical hardship waivers.
World Language students will have two options for extra credit this week. They should choose one or the other. Doing both will not double the extra credit in any way.
(1) Attend the International Festival Thursday, May 10, from 6-8pm in the JHS cafeteria. Students should find the Spanish Honor Society table and take a selfie with the sign to share with their World Languages teacher on or before May 15.
(2) Complete the online information quest about World Languages (Spanish/French/Russian/ASL) and submit it electronically or on paper to your World Languages teacher on or before May 15. You may download and print the questions below or edit the Google Doc at the following link and share it with your teacher. This must be turned in on or before May 15.
If the Google Doc below seems inaccessible, request access and I'll grant it ASAP.
Sra. Sudderth will distribute paper progress reports for 4th Quarter on Monday and Tuesday, May 7-8. Students who have lost access to Powerschool may request a password reset from any of their teachers. Parents need to contact Student Services if they have lost access.
Sra. Sudderth's students have through Friday, May 4, to make up or turn in for late credit any assignment in order for it to appear on the printed progress report. The final date for accepting these assignments will be Thursday, May 10.
Students who earn exemption from the final exam will be notified by Wednesday, May 23.
Follow the link to the left for your course to see a list of assignments that can still be made up before the end of the quarter. Students have until the end of the school day on Wednesday, March 21, to turn these in for late credit.
Students will receive progress reports in their classes February 22-27. Please check the link for your class for any assignments that can still be turned in and when they must be turned in if you want the grade to appear on the progress report.
AP Spanish - Study your vocabulary. The current plan is to have the next vocabulary quiz on Thursday, January 25.
Spanish IV - Begin studying the vocabulary on p. 146 of your textbook. The current plan is to have the next vocabulary quiz on Wednesday, January 31.
Spanish I: You should complete Classwork 14 if you were not in class January 12 or 16. Everyone, regardless of attendance, should finish Quiz 9. Both of these are available to download/print here: http://srasudderth.weebly.com/spanish-i/espanol-i-classwork-14-quiz-9
Begin studying the meanings of the verbs on the first page of Quiz 9.
Mrs. Sudderth is a Spanish teacher at Jordan High School in Durham, NC.